Freelancing, Freelancing in India, Freelancers, Freelance work, Gig economy
Freelancing has grown rapidly over the years around the world. It has become a major source of income for many. This is the case in India too. India is right up there in the top 10 countries best for freelancing, boasting of over 15 million freelancers.
All businesses and entrepreneurs wish to get their work done in the best possible manner. However, if a business-owner in India needs to hire an employee, they need to pay the salary, give training, provide benefits, retain them, etc. This is an expensive deal that is snowballing by the minute. This is why freelancing is fast becoming the most viable option for many businesses. India has a large population of both part-time and full-time high-quality freelancers who can provide great value to the clients.
There is no dearth of talent when it comes to freelancing in India. Whatever the need is, there are freelancers. Whether it be content writing, graphic design, video editing, website development, video creation, app development, digital marketing, proofreading, SEO, data scrapping, data entry, coaching, counseling, and more, India has a bunch of freelancers available.
These are professionals who are proficient in their respective fields and have often worked for an organization previously. They know what they do and can give exceptional results with their skills.
· + There are about 15 million freelancers in India.
· + Women account for 22% of the freelance workforce in India.
· + On an average, an Indian freelancer earns around ₹20 lakhs per annum.
· + The per hour average rate of an Indian freelancer is ₹700.
· + India has the second largest freelance workforce after the US.
· + Startups in India hire about 50% of the freelancing workforce.
· + One out of four freelancers in the world is from India.
Freelancing has several benefits that make it an attractive industry. The benefits are the reason why so many people in India are occupied in this. Some of the benefits are:
· + You are your boss – Work whenever you need and how much you want.
· + No cap on earnings – As an Indian freelancer, there is no limit to the earnings you can make. It depends on the work you put in.
· + Great relationships – As a freelancer in India, you get to know many domestic as well as international clients. It is a great way to make some strong relationships.
· + Flexible timings – Freelancers do not need to stick to a specific timetable. They can work whenever they need. You can burn the midnight oil or be an early bird – whatever floats your boat!
· + Work from home – This is one of the most interesting and attractive aspects of freelancing for many people in India. Freelancers can work from the comfort of their own homes and also spend time with their families.
These are some of the benefits of freelancing in India. Now be sure that there are some downsides to freelancing as well. The major ones that some freelancers complain about are the difficulties in building a strong portfolio and achieving consistent career growth as compared to what some corporate jobs may offer. However, the advantages of freelancing certainly outweigh its disadvantages.
Freelancing in India is a big industry, and many new members are actively becoming a part of it. The number of freelancers has also risen massively amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Freelancing has certainly opened the door for many to better their lives in such trying times. Freelancing remains an attractive and exciting field to explore and the future will see many more freelancers from India. India-based freelancing platforms like Twippin can further help Indian freelancers in finding exciting opportunities in this growing mode of working.